Saturday 13 December 2014

Key Archaeological Sites of Britain- a new archaeology course for January 2014

Oh I'm so excited to be planning my course starting in January! It's good to have "thinking time" where I can soak my brain in thoughts of all the lovely sites we have in our Isles.  The hardest thing is to narrow down some of the best archaeological sites we have.

After trying to avoid it for reasons of obviousness I have decided it is better to be straightforward and chronological- so I will cover sites starting at the Palaeolithic onwards, but I'll also try to theme each week.  And have activities where I can. And a couple of site visits.....  And the aim will be to look at the "biggy" sites: Happisburgh, Boxgrove, Stonehenge, Maiden Castle, Hadrian's Wall, Sutton Hoo,  Medieval London etc with some accompanying sites or site types: Bronze Age art, Hillforts hillforts hillforts (I like them!), Roman villas, more quietly domestic sites and evidence, industrial sites, sites with evidence of hidden cultures or people, sites of conflict.......   Hmm what else?  Things will crop up as we go along- and I have asked students and prospective students to contact me with what they would like to see- so please do!  Email me, leave a comment, but do contact me. And if you aren't sure whether to sign up- do it!! I'll do my very best to ensure you enjoy the course and get the most out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment